Yitz E. Weiss, ESQ.
For nearly 15 years, Yitz Weiss has litigated and tried civil rights, employment, business- and consumer-dispute cases. He earned a bachelor’s degree in economics from Yeshiva University in 2002 and a Rabbinic ordination in 2003. He was an editor on law review and graduated with honors from Southwestern University School of Law in 2006. Yitz then began his legal career with Kaplan Lee LLP and later became a partner in the firm when it was renamed to Kaplan Weiss LLP. Yitz actively serves as a rabbi and often speaks and teaches classes on the interplay of law and religion.
- Graduated Juris Doctorate, cum laude
- Associate Editor, Southwestern Law Review
- Partner, Attorney (Kaplan Weiss LLP, 2014 – Present)
- Associate (Kaplan Lee LLP, 2006 – 2013)
- State Bar of California, Member since 2006
- US District Court, Central District of California, Member since 2010
- US District Court, Southern District of California, Member since 2016
- Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals
Education & training
Juris Doctorate, Southwestern University School of Law
Rabbinic Ordination, Yeshiva of Greater Miami
Bachelor of Arts, Economics, Yeshiva University